Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I'm Baaaaaaaccccccckkkkkk!!!

Hello fans! Haha, all 7 or 8 of you that are following me. I do feel the love though, I really do. 

After a 5 year hiatus I have decided to pick back up where Eating Brie left off....eating! In the past few years I have been through A LOT of life experiences. I've moved to Brooklyn and have had a plethora of work experiences. I was the Reservations Manager at Riverpark Restaurant from the very start, then I was in the marketing department for the infamous Valrhona Chocolate. That role was incredible, such a great experience and a job I will never ever regret having. As a pastry chef, one can only dream of working for a company like that. 

I have since moved on to an incredible startup, I am now Director of Operations for Bamboo Bites, Tuk-Tuk Go and Gotham Gourmet. We cater fresh and unique Thai food and snacks from Bamboo Bites and Tuk-Tuk Go as well as participate in Brooklyn's own outdoor food mecca, Smorgasburg. If you haven't gone....go! Your stomach and tastebuds will thank you. Look for the green tent and tell them Briana sent you. ;-)  Gotham Gourmet is our newest addition, we provide soups and side dishes to gourmet food markets and butchers. It's a great accompaniment to that amazing steak you are taking the time to select at the end of your busy Manhattan day. 

So back to what I've been eating...

Toloache, go, just go NOW! I had been complaining that there was no good Mexican in NYC (especially after having experienced Mexican in Cali) and I was proven wrong. My wonderful man looked up Zagat's best of list and found this place. Get the Coconut Mojito, Truffle Quesadilla, Rojo Guacamole, Skirt Steak, and anything with the TJ initials next to it. Those are the signature dishes and we were not disappointed by any of them. I was so full that by the time my enchiladas came, I managed 4 amazing bites and had to throw in the towel. You just want to and have to eat a little of everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment